KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE
We are adhering to all guidelines, health orders and laws set out by the State Government. For all the information you need to know before you book, head to www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/victorias-roadmap
We are committed to providing a safe and hygienic environment for our guests and staff to enjoy. Our team is going above and beyond to adhere to government restrictions whilst offering the same epic service and products you know and love.
With additional cleaning, health checks, and safe socialising practices in place, you can sit back and relax knowing we’ve got you covered.
The following measures are in place to ensure your safety:
- You will have the ability to view menus online via a QR code situated in venue. Scan the code and the latest menu will be displayed for use on your own device (paper disposable menus will also be available)
- Our team members conduct a thorough cleaning schedule throughout our spaces (paying special attention to high-risk areas such as door handles and bathrooms)
- Hand Sanitiser will be available throughout our venue
- All communal cutlery and water stations have been removed, we will bring cutlery and drinks to your table
- We will update our procedures daily in line with Government recommendations
What we ask of you:
- Provide Covid-19 vaccination certificate
- Check in is essential before entering our venue. Please see signage at entry or ask our friendly team for assistance.
- If you feel unwell, please stay at home. We will be serving up epic food and bev for a long time so would love to see you when you feel better!
- Please respect other customers’ space by distancing yourself when using the bar or toilets in venue
- Go cashless at the bar and where possible “tap the card”
- Please respect our team’s direction, they are there to keep you (and us) safe!
Welcome back! We cannot wait to see you
WHAT ARE YOUR OPENING HOURS?
Tippy-Tay is open 6 days a week.
Wed & Thurs: 12pm-3pm & 5pm-late
Fri – Sun : 12pm-late
IS THERE A DRESS CODE?
Neat casual is welcome throughout the venue (this includes sneakers and shorts).
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT MY LOST PROPERTY?
Please submit an enquiry form here and we will check the venue for your missing item. We will respond during business hours.
CAN I BOOK A TABLE?
CAN I MAKE A GROUP BOOKING?
You sure can! All groups of over 7 must dine on our Feed Me chef’s banquet. Head here for more information.
I'VE BOOKED A TABLE - WHERE DO I GO?
Our friendly host located at the main entry will be able to walk you through to the restaurant.
CAN I BOOK A FUNCTION?
We would love to host your next function with us! Just click here and fill out the enquiry form to contact our functions team.
CAN YOU ACCOMODATE SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS?
We can absolutely cater for special dietary needs, please let your waiter or bartender know when ordering food and they will be able to assist.
WHAT’S THE BEST PUBLIC TRANSPORT ROUTE?
We are a seven-minute walk from both Flinders Street and Parliament train stations, and are accessible via tram number 35, 70 and 75 along Flinders Street as well as trams 11, 12, 48 and 109 along Collins Street.
WHERE IS THE NEAREST CAR PARKING?
There are a number of nearby paid parking lots such as Le Garage at 114 Flinders Street with entry via Flinders Lane or Flinders Street. Pre-book online for discounted evening and weekend rates using the code GARDEN.
CAN I BUY A GIFT CARD?
You absolutely can! You can purchase a Garden State Hotel gift card here.
IS THERE A CAKE FEE?
We charge a small cake fee of $2 per person for our services.
CAN I BYO?
We are a fully licensed venue and BYO is not allowed.
CAN I BRING KIDS INTO THE RESTAURANT?
Of course! As we are a licensed venue, kids are required to depart when dinner finishes.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR SPECIAL EVENTS AND KEY DATES?
To be the first to hear about our special offers and events be sure to keep an eye on our social media channels, What’s On page or sign up to our mailing list.
IS THE VENUE WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE?
Yes, our restaurant is fully accessible (as is much of the rest of Garden State Hotel, including the Public Bar with limited access to our Beer Garden tiers). Our Rose Garden and private function spaces can be reached via our lift. Feel free to give us a call for further information or on arrival request assistance from a team member.